CF Mafia Global Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
khaosvalkyr (366)
The Secret World I_vote_lcapThe Secret World I_voting_barThe Secret World I_vote_rcap 
Site-Administrator (365)
The Secret World I_vote_lcapThe Secret World I_voting_barThe Secret World I_vote_rcap 
Lucky-13 (263)
Bellos (232)
InHerPants (225)
Rhenova (221)
t100toyota (200)
Strike105 (164)
InHisPants. (152)
BloodyGunz (80)

The Secret World

3 posters

Go down

The Secret World Empty The Secret World

Post by InHerPants Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:04 am

I was just wondering if anyone else had heard of this upcoming game by Funcom! Apparently it's going to be a massive online multiplayer (Think MAG or WoW) It's going to come out on PC and XBox (I thought PS3, too, but I can't find it anymore) It looks so good, I can't help but be excited about it. You can choose to be one of the three factions and you can take a initiation test on www.darkdaysarecoming.com for fun.

From the latest video (I saw one a minute ago) it looks like there are going to be zombies and other mysterious creatures. Maybe a L4D idea? Anyway, it looks amazing and it's supposed to have a really HUGE and mysterious storyline.

Excitement? Yes. cheers

Something I thought sounded cool and came from one of the game directors:
"Players will have the freedom to explore our gameworld--but yes, they'll also have missions that lead them from the first baby steps in their hub city, through to the "end"--which, of course, will be just the beginning. And that includes sending them on assignments to various locations. It's all tied to the three secret societies: players will have to learn the ropes, prove their worth, and follow instructions. If they don't...well, they can choose to do that, too, but it might be a little harder to get ahead. It's all about freedom, though. If you want the story, it's there, fully voiced and crammed with cinematics. If you don't? Just go out, have fun, and kick demon butt."
InHerPants
InHerPants
Capodecima

Back to top Go down

The Secret World Empty Re: The Secret World

Post by khaosvalkyr Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:28 am

sounds awesome when is it suppose to come out?
khaosvalkyr
khaosvalkyr
post whore

Back to top Go down

Post by InHerPants Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:32 am

It's to be announced still, lol. Might still take forever, but I'm expecting this year, because they have released a lot of info these past couple of months!
InHerPants
InHerPants
Capodecima

Back to top Go down

Post by InHisPants. Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:14 am

The artwork sure looks great, but I still have no clue how it's gonna be like actually ingame when it comes to playing, it sure looks primising though.
I hope BETA will be up soon so we can find out, but I might have to get a better computer. xd

I chose Illuminati as my 'group'
InHisPants.
InHisPants.
Sgarrista

Back to top Go down

Post by InHerPants Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:31 am

I chose the Templars group, because their guns looked sexy.

From what I've read and seen in trailers, it's actually supposed to be a game that you can completely explore. I'm sure you'll have to find secrets/solved puzzles before you can go to another part of the world, though. So as far as I know the world is huge and all the three factions all have a specific location that they are connected too. This means that in those locations a certain faction has a certain advantage. Sometimes you need to talk to people in-game and if they know what faction you belong to and it's the right faction, they might tell you sooner than if you are from a different faction.

You start in Kingsmouth. If you watch the trailer you can hear the guy mention zombies and other demons that came after the 'fog'. Trailer: Welcome to Kingsmouth

I'm sorry, I rant when I'm excited. pig

P.S. the game play is apparently comparable with L4D, but don't hold it against me if it ain't!
InHerPants
InHerPants
Capodecima

Back to top Go down

Post by khaosvalkyr Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:28 pm

i choose Templars too! ^^
khaosvalkyr
khaosvalkyr
post whore

Back to top Go down