CF Mafia Global Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
khaosvalkyr (366)
Computer makes a weird noise I_vote_lcapComputer makes a weird noise I_voting_barComputer makes a weird noise I_vote_rcap 
Site-Administrator (365)
Computer makes a weird noise I_vote_lcapComputer makes a weird noise I_voting_barComputer makes a weird noise I_vote_rcap 
Lucky-13 (263)
Bellos (232)
InHerPants (225)
Rhenova (221)
t100toyota (200)
Strike105 (164)
InHisPants. (152)
BloodyGunz (80)

Computer makes a weird noise

3 posters

Go down

Computer makes a weird noise Empty Computer makes a weird noise

Post by InHerPants Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:47 am

Hey guys! I figured you could probably help me out. About 7 days ago my computer gave me a scare when I started it up. It normally starts up pretty quietly, but now it made a loud buzzing noise and for a second I thought the ventilator was stuck or something.

Anyway, I turned off my computer and turned it on again and the sound wasn't there anymore. Problem solved? Well, now I always have to do it like that. 90% of the times that I press power for the first time that day, I'll have to restart again because of the noise. It doesn't sound very healthy so I don't want to just keep it on with that noise, scared something will burn through or something.

Best way to describe it is just a buzzing noise. Kind of like a vacuum cleaner, just not that loud.

Would it be smart to open op my desktop to see for myself? I've never done that before so I don 't know if that would be smart for me. Could it be something with dust? I try to keep it clean, but it might still be dusty inside. I don't know.
InHerPants
InHerPants
Capodecima

Back to top Go down

Computer makes a weird noise Empty Re: Computer makes a weird noise

Post by Strike105 Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:50 am

i think i mite no wats the problem, av u ever took apart of your comp, if so then it mite be that ur hard drive is loose, also the dust just creates heat not sound, but cleaning it maybe a good thing.
Strike105
Strike105
Sgarrista

Back to top Go down

Post by khaosvalkyr Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:45 pm

yes but it could also be a problem with your vent fan.
Im not for sure but i know that when they get off balance(the bearing wears unevenly and the fan blades wiggle when turning)they make wierd noises too so you should check that out.
khaosvalkyr
khaosvalkyr
post whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum